Although we love to see birds, squirrels, and other animals visiting our yards, some wildlife can cause serious problems. Wildlife can destroy gardens and damage your house. Some animals even invade your home during the breeding season.
The best way to get rid of wildlife in your house is to identify which animal you have on your property. Determine which type of animal you are dealing with because each animal behaves differently.
Building a fence around your property is the most common and effective solution to keep wildlife away. Depending on the type of fence you want to install, you can prevent animals from entering and destroying your garden. Here is a list of fencing options to consider:
● Solid Fence – Although a solid fence is not the most aesthetically pleasing option, it makes it difficult for animals to find an entryway into the property. It is also challenging for animals to scale it, especially if it is high enough and made of durable materials.
● Wire Mesh Fence – This type of fencing option is cost-efficient, but is less effective than solid fences. However, they offer flexibility that allows you to flare them underground to prevent burrowing animals from finding their way into your property.
● Electric Fence – This may be the most aesthetically pleasing option, it is also the most expensive. While it prevents animals from climbing the fence, it cannot be buried deep underground. Some animals can find their way into your backyard by digging their way beneath it.
Things You Need to Know about DIY Wildlife Removal
Before you take wildlife removal into your own hands, here are some of the things you need to know:
● Certain animals are considered protected life. That is why you need to secure a permit before removing them from your property. Take time to research about the wildlife removal regulation in your state.
● The Ontario government mandates trappers to use humane techniques to remove animals, like raccoons. Additionally, the Ministry of Natural Resources’ Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act states that it is illegal to trap and relocate seized wildlife from the site that they are captured.
● Using poison to kill protected animals can result in criminal charges.
● Not all wildlife repellent products are 100% effective. Some products may keep a certain animal away but may also attract other animals to your home.
If you want to eliminate the animal problem in your home and backyard, research the most humane wildlife removal techniques. However, to ensure the safety of both your property and those within it, there are certain wildlife scenarios that should be entrusted to professionals offering wildlife removal in North York. Expert technicians have the skills and experience to deal with particular situations more safely and more effectively.