Many homes collect several cardboard boxes over the years, whether through purchases, from a shipment, or during a move. Sometimes, a household accumulates more cardboard than what homeowners know what to do with.
If you keep them around because you somehow feel guilty about throwing them away, then now is the time to get those creative juices flowing and start your own home decor project.
Besides its durability (which makes it the go-to packaging solution for several industries), cardboard is a highly versatile material. Repurpose the excess cardboard lying around your house into beautiful decorations for your home with these simple hacks.
Whether you want to display your most cherished photos or present a loved one with a personalized gift, cardboard can be your friend. This cardboard photo frame would make a charming gift for a friend or family member or a way for you to display favorite photos.
Christmas is one of the best times in the year to release your creative prowess. Avoid the long lines and crowded shops during the holidays by creating your own decorations which you can place on your mantelpiece or hang as ornaments on your Christmas tree.
- Christmas Tree – With a few pieces of cardboard and some paint, you can build a collection of miniature cardboard christmas trees.
- Christmas Stars – The great thing about these DIY christmas stars is you can continue to display them even after the Christmas season has ended.
Accent your walls with pieces of interest.
- Faux Metal Letters – For a minimalistic look, you can opt for two-dimensional letter pieces; for a design that “pops”, create 3D letters instead.
- Textual Art – If you are a fan of textual wall art, you can use cardboard to turn it into these fancy signs you can hang on your wall.
Decorative Mirror Frame
Have you ever wondered what you’re going to do with all those cardboard tubes that come with your supply of toilet paper and paper towels? If you have copious amounts of these tubes, you can glue them together and transform them into a glamorous sequined mirror frame or an elegant and more subdued spray-painted one.
Brighten your room with lighting fixtures made of cardboard.
- Lamp – Geometric patterns are now all the rage. This geometric lamp will be a striking addition to your home space.
- Lantern – Liven up a room with this simple handmade lantern.
- Chandelier – Chandeliers can be quite an extravagant investment; but with a few pieces of cardboard, you can create your own elegant chandelier that you can proudly display in your home.
Cardboard storage containers don’t have to be plain and boring. With a little imagination, they can be aesthetically pleasing.
- Jewelry Box – Organize your jewelry and/other accessories by taking advantage of the multiple compartments of this jewelry box.
- Ornate Box – This painted ornate box is a beautiful masterpiece you won’t believe is made out of simple inexpensive cardboard.
Home decor doesn’t have to be expensive to be beautiful; neither do they need to be expensive. With a little creativity and a few tools, you can create an exquisite piece of art that would make a great addition to your home.